The Smart Oven Air with Element IQ®, 13 smart cooking functions with air fry and dehydrate is the most advanced among all the Breville smart oven categories. This flagship oven is the right choice for someone who desires a countertop oven that will support most of the cooking requirement for tiny to large gatherings. It can roast big chunk, air-fry crispy fries & family favorites and dehydrate a wide range of healthy foods. The super convection setting reduces cooking time by up to 30% with great crispness.
Included Accessories: 13″ Pizza Pan. Oven Racks (x2). 9″x13″ Broil Rack and Enamel Roasting Pan. Mesh basket rack for dehydrating and air frying.
9-Slice Toaster, 13″ Pizza, 9″x 13″ baking pan, 12-cup muffin tray, 14-lb turkey.
Brushed Stainless Steel.
17.2″ x 21.4″ x 12.8″.
Element IQ® technology moves the power around the oven to deliver precise cooking temperatures in the right place in the right time for perfect results.
PID Temperature Control
Reduces overshoot for precise and stable temperatures.
13 Preset Functions: Toast, Bagel, Broil, Bake, Roast, Warm, Pizza, Proof, Air Fry, Reheat, Cookies, Slow Cook and Dehydrate.
Super Convection Powered
An inbuilt fan that circulates the hot air within the oven. It speeds the cooking process by stripping away the cold air that surrounds your food.
2 Year Limited Product Warranty
SUPER CONVECTION TECHNOLOGY
The Smart Oven Air’s 2-speed convection fan (Super & regular) offers greater cooking control to ensure fast and even heat distribution, this is perfect for air frying, dehydration and roasting evenly and precisely.
PRECISION COOKING & ELEMENT IQ®
Brevilles innovative and intelligent Element IQ technology has been extended one step further by adding Breville sensing and PID temperature control technology. With Element IQ – 6 Independent quartz heating elements has given the smart heat technology to move even smarter than before where it’s needed most, means ensuring the right temperature in the right place for better perfection and precision cooking.
AIR FRY & DEHYDRATE PRESETS
Breville Smart Oven Air BOV900BSS is the replacer of stand-alone air fryer or dehydrator since it could smartly use temperature and airflow in versatile ways to air fry fries, chicken fry etc. as well as dehydrate fruits & vegetables, fish & meat altogether. It can use 4 trays altogether for air frying or dehydrating.
The large, 1 cubic ft, interior makes room for toasting 9 slices of bread, roasting a 14-lb turkey, air fry favorites like French fries, slow cook with a 5 qt Dutch oven and comfortably fit most 9″x13″ pans and 12 cup muffin trays.
13 cooking functions to guide you to perfection: Toast, Bagel, Broil, Bake, Roast, Warm, Pizza, Proof, Airfry, Reheat, Cookies, Slow Cook, Dehydrate.
LCD DISPLAY to more easily access the built in smart functionality, choose from 13 cooking functions. Integrated oven light automatically turns on at the end of cooking cycle or can be switched at the touch of a button.
Care and Use
The Breville Smart Oven Air BOV900BSS is made of the highest quality brush steel, it is ergonomically crafted and meticulously engineered to accompany your cooking and enjoy food with you and your family years after years. However like everything every tool it also require some attention to care about it, like,
- A routine maintenance – An ovens every detachable part, LCD function panel, power outlet, etc. should be observed in a routine check and do the needful repair and maintenance and if the oven dysfunctions then check the warranty clause to claim it accordingly.
- To do and not to do- Carefully read the instruction manual of the manufacturer and abide by it in operation, maintenance and warranty clause, especially don’t do anything that would void your warranty or don’t compel the oven to perform beyond its capacity. Be cautious not to use harsh cleansers, metal scouring pads, or metal utensils to clean any of the accessories as they may damage the porcelain enamel finish of the Baking Pan and Broil Rack or scratch the nonstick coating on the Pizza Pan or scratch the brush steel body. To clean the glass door and LCD panel use a glass cleaner or mild detergent and a soft, damp sponge or soft plastic scouring pad.
- Cleaning regularly – The oven should be lightly cleaned by wiping with a damp cloth after each uses. And also the oven should be cleaned in a routine, if you use it too frequently then go for cleaning the oven twice a week, but if you cook it infrequently then set once in a month cleaning.
Breville Smart Oven Air BOV900BSS has some built-in preset cooking function. The oven has extensive 13 built in cooking functions, the highest among all Breville oven variants.
|Top rack height position||BROIL function.|
|Middle rack height position||TOAST, BAGEL, PIZZA and COOKIE functions.|
|Bottom rack height position||BAKE, ROAST, and REHEAT functions.|
The functions could be described as below,
Toast Function-Toast function turns your bread crisps and brown outside fast while keep the inside soft and moist. Toast function is also ideal for English muffins and frozen waffles. It features one of the fastest toasters in different toasting competition.
Broil Function-The broil function gives intense direct heat to caramelize the surface of the food, it is a substitute of open-fire grilling option,it is ideal for small cuts of meat, sandwich meat, poultry, fish, sausages, and vegetables. It can also be used to brown the tops of casseroles and gratins.
Bagel Function – This function crisps the Bagel insides while only lightly toasting the outside. Bagel function is also ideal for toasting crumpets or thick-sliced specialty bread, which require one side to be toasted more than the other.
Pizza Function- The pizza function melts and browns cheese and cooks toppings while crisping the pizza crust from down simultaneously, giving the combination of crunch and juice together.
Cookie Function- This function is ideal for baking ready-to-bake crescent rolls, cinnamon rolls, biscuits, and strudels, it is also ideal for a homemade or commercial bakery.
Bake Function-This function disseminates heat evenly and ideal for baking cakes, muffins, brownies, and pastries. The bake function is also ideal for cooking semi-prepared frozen meals including lasagna and pot pies.
Roast Function- The roast function lets you cook a variety of meats and poultry with tenderness and juiciness on the inside and roasted to perfection on the outside.
Reheat Function- The REHEAT function is ideal for reheating leftovers without browning.
Warm Function- The warm function maintains hot foods at the recommended temperature to prevent bacterial growth (160°F or above), which means it keeps your food warm before serving.
Slow Cook Function- The Smart Oven® Pro can now cook like a slow cooker with cooking times ranging from 2 to 8 hours on HI and 4 to 10 hours on LO. When the SLOW COOK function is used, the oven will automatically go into the KEEP WARM function immediately after the slow cooking has finished which will go for 2 hours if not interrupted.
AIR FRY- AIRFRY function combines intense heat and maximized airflow to cook foods crispy and brown. AIRFRY temperature ranges from 120°F/50°C to a max of 480°F/250°C where 4 air frying basket could be accommodated into this oven.
DEHYDRATE- The DEHYDRATE function combines low and stable heat with maximized airflow to evenly dry out foods without cooking or overheating. The dehydrating temperature ranges from ‘86°F/30°C to a maximum of 176°F/80°C and 4 air frying basket could be accommodated into this oven.
PROOF FUNCTION-The PROOF function is designed to precisely hold low temperatures, providing an ideal environment for proofing bread, rolls, pizza and other doughs. The proofing temperature ranges from 80°F/27°C to a max of 100°F/38°C.
For optimum cooking results:
- The Wire Rack should always be inserted into the rack height position with the spokes facing upward.
- Food should be positioned in the center of the Wire Rack, Broil Rack, Baking Tray, or the optional Pizza Pan to let maximum airflow reach the food.
- Use oven-proof baking dishes, roasting pans, pizza pans or cookie sheets with very low sides, and place on the center of the Wire Rack to let maximum airflow reach the food.
- For the same reason, do not cover foods with metal foil or any other type of lid or covering for maximum airflow.
- Most recipes recommend reducing temperatures by 25°F when using convection cooking. Always check the food 10 minutes before the suggested cooking time is complete to avoid overcooking.